- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Frozen Fruit Cups
Posted By Dana S On September 18, 2012 @ 5:15 pm In After School Snacks,batch cooking,Freezer Friendly,Healthy Snacks,Lunch,Recipes | 5 Comments
It’s only been two weeks into our school year and I am already finding myself in a lunchbox rut. Freezer cooking to the rescue! Every month, I plan to try a lunch box friendly recipe and share my results.
This month I choose Frozen Fruit Cups to try. These healthy cups are full of fresh fruit with a little orange juice.
Verdict: They are delicious! However, they melted too much before my daughter’s lunch time. So, instead of packing these in her lunchbox, we are using these as a healthy after school snack.
Homemade Frozen Fruit Cups
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- Bananas, sliced
- Berries (I used frozen but fresh works great too!)
- Orange Juice
- Other fruit as desired. Ideas: pineapple, kiwi, etc.
- Add about 1/4 cup of mixed fruit into each 1/2 cup Tupperware container.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of orange juice over each fruit cup.
- Before serving, let thaw for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy this cool, healthy treat!
For more ideas for freezable lunch items, check out our Freezer Meals for Back to School Lunches  post!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/lunchbox-freezer-cooking-frozen-fruit-cups/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
 Freezer Meals for Back to School Lunches: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/08/freezer-meals-for-back-to-school-lunches.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.