It’s only been two weeks into our school year and I am already finding myself in a lunchbox rut. Freezer cooking to the rescue! Every month, I plan to try a lunch box friendly recipe and share my results.
This month I choose Frozen Fruit Cups to try. These healthy cups are full of fresh fruit with a little orange juice. Verdict: They are delicious! However, they melted too much before my daughter’s lunch time. So, instead of packing these in her lunchbox, we are using these as a healthy after school snack.
Dana’s Frozen Fruit Cups
Adapted from Money Saving Mom’s Recipe
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- Bananas, sliced
- Berries (I used frozen but fresh works great too!)
- Orange Juice
- Other fruit as desired. Ideas: pineapple, kiwi, etc.
- Add ~1/4 cup of mixed fruit into each 1/2 cup Tupperware container.
- Pour ~1/4 cup of orange juice over each fruit cup.
- Before serving, let thaw for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy this cool, healthy treat!
For more ideas for freezable lunch items, check out our Freezer Meals for Back to School Lunches post!