- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Loaded Slow Cooked Potatoes
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 11, 2012 @ 5:20 pm In Gluten Free,Potatoes,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 7 Comments
Load and go.
Yep, that’s how I’m rolling this week! I made these the other night, using the some of the bacon from the package that I cooked up on Wednesday . I used the rest of the bacon for the wedge salads I made last night (recipe coming soon!).
These potatoes were simple, delicious and the perfect busy weeknight meal. It took me about 10 minutes to get the potatoes and crumbled bacon into the slow cooker. Then I hit the ground running. Come dinner time, all I needed to do was slice up the green onions, which took all of 30 seconds, and top them with cheese and sour cream.
Only thing I wish I’d done, soaked the potatoes in cold salt water for 30 minutes before adding them to the slow cooker. But since I was in a rush out the door for a morning of errands, I skipped that part. The potatoes tasted no different, but they would have turned out with less of a brown color if I’d done that!
Hope you enjoy these simple slow cooker loaded potatoes!
Loaded Slow Cooker Potatoes
Adapted from Breakfast Potatoes 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 to 10 hours in slow cooker
- 8-10 small Idaho potatoes, quartered ($1.50)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled ($.50)
- 2 Tbsp minced onion ($.20)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green onions ($.50)
- About 1 cup shredded cheese ($.75)
- Couple dollops of sour cream ($.25)
- Fresh fruit or veggie as side (we had some fruit smoothies!) ($1)
- (Soak quartered potatoes in cold salted water for 30 minutes. Drain water and pat dry.)
- Line your slow cooker with foil. Load it with the quartered potatoes, crumbled bacon, minced onion and sprinkle with a little salt (the bacon will provide some salt!) and pepper. Set on low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Once cooked, top with shredded cheese (melt in microwave if necessary), sour cream and green onions (or chives.)
- Prepare fruit or veggie.
- Serve Loaded Slow Cooker Potatoes with fresh fruit or veggies.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/loaded-slow-cooked-potatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 bacon from the package that I cooked up on Wednesday: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/05/batch-cooking-plan-slow-cooker-freezer-packs-muffins-cookies-and-more.html
 Breakfast Potatoes: http://www.createdby-diane.com/2011/09/cheesy-bacon-breakfast-potatoes-in-5-minutes.html/breakfast-potatoes-with-bacon-cheese-and-scallions
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.