One of my favorite summer things is glorious fruit. Peaches are in their glory right now and on sale for under $1 a pound. That tells me it’s time to make pie! Fruit pies are such a simple and lovely allergy friendly dessert. Peach just so happens to be one of my favorites.
Many people think that you need to have whipped cream, ice cream, or something similar for a slice of pie to be tasty. I beg to disagree!
This pie is absolutely fabulous all by itself with no need for dairy laden garnishes!
Please feel free to tweak things according to your allergy set to make this safe for your family.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 2 Pie Crusts (store bought or you can use my super easy recipe)
- 9 -10 Medium Sized Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Extra Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Combine the peaches with the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour peach mixture into a pastry lined pie plate.
- Cover with top crust.
- Trim the edges overhanging the edge of the pie plate to 1 inch all around.
- Fold the crusts under on the rim of the pie plate and seal the crusts together.
- You can crimp the crust by making a little V with the thumb and index finger of one hand and placing it on the outside of the crust. Push the index finger of the opposite hand into the V all around the crust to get the crimped edge. You could also press the tines of a fork all around to seal the crust if you’d rather. I prefer the presentation of the crimped edge.
- Cut slits or a little design in the top crust to allow it to vent.
- Sprinkle the extra sugar all over the top crust to give it a pretty finish.
- Wrap foil around the edge of the crust to prevent it from over browning and place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Let it cool for at least two hours.