Ask and you shall receive.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins with Strawberries
Adapted from Poppyseed Muffins with Raspberries 
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I used a dairy free margarine)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used almond)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter/margarine. Add the vanilla and then add the eggs, 1 at a time. Pour in the milk and beat on slow speed, as the batter is very liquidy at this point. Add the lemon juice and the lemon zest. Beat for just a few seconds, just long enough to mix it in.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until batter forms. Then mix the poppyseeds. Finally, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter into regular size muffin tins and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Makes 24 muffins.
Note: The more ripe the strawberries, the better and sweeter they will be after they finish baking. Unripe or semiripe strawberries will give the muffins a tangy flavor.