- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Lemon Pepper Chicken – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 28, 2009 @ 5:15 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,chicken,Dairy Free,Grill,Recipes | 8 Comments
Thanks to those of you who sent your recipe ideas last week! And it’s not too late…for more information on how to get your recipe featured on the $5 Dinner Challenge, click here .
Last week I stashed the chicken breasts that I bought for $1.79/lb into the freezer in different baggies with different marinades. For tonight’s dinner, I just took the chicken out of the freezer and let it marinate while it thawed in the fridge.
Quick and simple!
Sorry no photo…camera fail…Err…operator fail…forgot to recharge the battery in time!
Lemon Pepper Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes (+2 hour marinade time)
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 3 large or 4 small chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.) ($2.24)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 2 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning (free) Bought with $1 coupon when on sale for $1!
- 1 lb. green beans ($.99)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
- Salt and pepper
- Homemade Rolls  ($.50) Used this recipe with half white flour and half wheat flour. Baked them in regular size muffin tin.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the olive oil and lemon pepper seasonings for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Grill or saute for 5-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the chicken breast.
- In medium or large skillet, add the olive oil and turn on medium-high heat. Add the green beans and saute for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare dough and bake homemade rolls.
- Serve Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with Green Beans and “Hot out of the oven” Rolls.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/lemon-pepper-chicken/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 click here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/the-new-5-dinner-challenge.html
 Homemade Rolls: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/09/homemade-buns.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.