- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Leftover Hash Brown Bake
Posted By Dana S On April 16, 2013 @ 6:37 pm In Breakfast,Eggs,Potatoes,Recipes,vegetarian | 2 Comments
I made hash browns with eggs for a special Saturday morning breakfast only to discover that my kids don’t like hash browns. What to do with these leftover potatoes? I quickly searched the Internet and found a recipe idea using ingredients that I already had in the fridge. I made a few adjustments and it was perfect! The nice thing about this recipe is that you can easily change the vegetables to what you have in the fridge. Mushrooms, red peppers, or leftover breakfast meat would all work great in place of the green peppers.
First, saute your veggies until they are nice and soft.
Place your veggies at the bottom of a small oven safe casserole dish. Then add your leftover hash browns, pour egg mixture over and top with cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes and then enjoy!
Leftover Hash Brown Bake
Adapted from Yahoo Answers
Yield – 2-3 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 2-3 cups leftover, cooked hash browns ($.50)
- 4 eggs ($.40)
- 1/3 cup half and half or milk ($.10)
- 1/2 onion, diced ($.30)
- 1-2 green peppers, diced ($1)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded($.35)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash (or two!) crushed red pepper or hot pepper sauce ($.03)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Saute green peppers and onions until soft (~5 min).
- Whisk eggs with half and half, black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper until well beaten. Set aside.
- Spray small oven safe casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place vegetables at bottom of dish. Top with hash brown potatoes. Then pour egg mixture over layers. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-35 minutes or until eggs are set.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/leftover-hash-brown-bake/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.