I shop for groceries every Monday.
It’s how I roll.
And when the kids are out of school for a holiday, it means that I have to get to take them with me.
I really don’t mind having them in the store with me…they behave well…they stick close to the cart when not riding in the cart…they don’t run up and down the aisles…they only ask for one thing when they go with me (soy yogurt…and thankfully there was a manager’s special on some…so they enjoyed that as I was putting the groceries away!)…they don’t pull out every single candy bar in the checkout line…
But I would much prefer to go with just baby, or by myself. And since Steve had a meeting last night, I decided to drag them all along in the morning. At my own risk.
- 4 cans tomato paste, $.48 each ($1/2 Muir Glen organics coupon here)
- 4 cans tuna, $.50 each
- 2 bags frozen vegetables, $.80 each
- $1 lettuce, $2 blueberries, $3 strawberries, $1.79 broccoli, bananas, sweet potatoes
- 2 1.2 lb. ground turkey – $5
- 2 1.2 lb. ground chuck – $2.41 each
Other Coupons Used
- $1 catalina for the Almond milk, and $1 blinkie coupon for the Almond milk
- $1.25/1 store coupon for the frozen breakfast burrito
- $.40/2 frozen vegetables, store coupon
- BOGO Coconut milk
- $1 catalina from last week’s trip
- 2 soy yogurts for the boys, $.69
Total spent at Kroger: $59.41
PLUS $1 spent at Walgreens to get 2 cans of oats, and $19 spent at Costco when I was in Atlanta for some a giant bag of organic quinoa!
This leaves me with just $25 to spend next week!!! Ack!
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!