I went shopping yesterday. Just Tyler and me. It was so peaceful. After a summer of shopping with all 3 kids, it’s such a breeze shopping with just the babe. Here’s what I snagged. The basics plus a few good deals. And be sure to check out a few of the printable coupons that I used!
But before we continue, a Public Service Announcement if you will…
Use cash at the grocery store.
Over the past few months, out of sheer laziness, I fell into the habit of using my debit card when buying groceries. I say laziness because the bank is just 1 minute from the grocery store. And I can drive through the ATM, pull out 3 $20s and be on my way to the store. I can’t say it was from lack of time, because it would only add 5 minutes, maybe, on to my shopping trip. But if you hadn’t noticed, I have gone over budget consistently this entire summer. Why? The debit card.
If you are looking for a little accountability with your grocery spending and don’t want to ask a friend or your husband, then try cash. It’s the best accountability partner…because it won’t let you spend more than you have.
So if you are struggling with your grocery budget and keeping your spending in check. Switch to cash.
End PSA now.
- $.99 Cantaloupe – Which I cut right away and froze for smoothies!
- 2 $.98 Quaker Oats – $1/1 coupon here
- $.60 cans of beans
- $.50 cans of veggies
- $.99 box Playtex – $2.99 sale, used $2/1 coupon
- $3.77 DiGiorno Pizza – $1/1 coupon from newspaper
- Bananas, Berries, Apples, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Potatoes…still getting lots of tomatoes and green beans from the garden
- 5 packages chicken breast for batch grilling!
Other Coupons Used
- $1 off your next order catalina from last week
- $1.50 off your next order catalina from last week
- $1/1 Blue Diamond Almond Milk catalina
- $4/2 Nivea Body Wash
Total spent at Kroger: $59.54 (Just barely squeaked in under my $60 cash limit!!!)
Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!