It’s a 2 for 1 deal today friends! I just could not get my shopping trip post together last week. And I’m OK with that. It’s happened before and it will happen again!
But I wanted to share it with you with this week’s post.
Kroger – May 2
This shopping trip was all about Steve. I knew that I would be away most of the week, so I asked him if he wanted “all the grocery budget.”
So, what then do you want me to get for you?!
Steak, salmon, breakfast sausage, brats, Life cereal…
I got everything on his list, plus a few snacks for our travels, and the usual milk, produce and cereal. And as I put the groceries away and did a “meat” inventory, I realized that we probably have enough to last the next few weeks!
- $1.25 strawberries – bought 6 packages, froze 5 packages for smoothies
- $1 mangoes, $.69 lettuce head, 4/$1 corn,
- bananas, apples, strawberries
- 3/4 lb fresh salmon fillets
- breakfast links
- $.99/lb chicken thighs
- family pack pork chops
- couple loaves of sandwich breads and french loaf bread (Perfect for Pizza Loaves!)
Total spent at Kroger – May 2: $94.29
Kroger – May 9
A good sale. And some great coupon matchups!!!
Plus I received 4 free item coupons in my “best customer” coupon packet that came last week. Double Whammy!!!
- Dole salad – store coupon
- 1 lb. baby carrots – store coupon
- Colgate toothpaste – store coupon
- Box Cheerios – store coupon
- Carefree pantiliners – newspaper coupon
- 1 Pure Coconut Milk – love using this for smoothies! – $1.99 sale price, had $2 catalina
- 2 Mom’s Best cereal – $.99 sale/store promotion, coupon
- 8 boxes Ronzoni pasta – $.49 sale/store promotion, $1/2 coupons
- 2 $.29 Uncle Ben’s Rice – coupon
- 4 $.49 Boulder’s Chips – coupon
- 2 $1.49 Carving Board meats – used 2 $1.50/1 coupon from house party
- $1 mangoes, $1.25 strawberries, $1.50 cantaloupe, bananas
- $.99 broccoli – GREAT price! Stock up and blanche them!!! More on blanching and stockpiling vegetables!
- Free carrots and lettuce
- $1.88/lb chicken breast sale, bought 2 packs…will grill them both along with another pack I have in the freezer…more on “Batch Grilling.”
Total spent at Kroger – May 9: $60.47
Total for the month: $154.76
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!