This is the “I Will Definitely Be Going over Budget in February” Edition.
Here’s why…I have already been to the store 4 times, and it’s only the 8th of February.
- This week’s regularly scheduled Kroger trip.
- The Health Food Store trip.
- An stop for potatoes and other food in the middle of last week.
While our pantry is well stockpiled, our freezers and fridge are not. Last week I was forced to do some “food triage,” as a result of the power being out for 3 days. Some came with us. Some went into the cooler that sat outside. Some went into grandma’s freezer and fridge. And some stayed behind.
I was secretly hoping that the food that stayed behind in the deep freeze would stay frozen, as it is in our utility room that I knew would get colder in that part of the house with the heat/power out. It did not survive. 🙁
I’m hoping to spend the next couple weeks restocking it as the sales cycles allow! I’m going to do my best to stay under $240 for the month…but I’ll probably have to bump it up to $300 for this month!
You’ll see the totals below!!!
(But the good news is that we now have all the meats/chicken that we need for the rest of the month. So the next 2 shopping trips will be for the basics and for produce!)
- 6 pkg. $.88 Kroger frozen veggies
- 2 bags of Sargento cheese (2 cups) – $1.27 each after Q
- Bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocados, red and green bell pepper, lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce
- $2.50 blueberries – some for real fruit smoothies, some for the freezer (how to freeze blueberries).
- 3 pkgs chicken breasts – $1.99/lb
- 1 pkg boneless chicken thighs – $1.99/lb
- 2 pkg ground chicken – $2.29 each, sale
- 1 pkg Italian sausage – $2.79
- 1.5 lb. pkg ground round – $3.57
- 1 large pkg cube steak – $6.48 (Will use for 3 meals.)
- $1.50/1 Dole lettuce catalina coupon
- $1/2 Sargento cheese coupon
- $1/2 Rice Chex cereal
- $2/$10 produce purchase – store mailer coupons
- $5/$50 entire grocery purchase – store mailer coupons
- 2 pkgs $.99 apple slices – Went straight in the freezer to use for real fruit smoothies.
- $.99 Spring Mix lettuce – Was my lunch yesterday and today!
Total spent at Kroger: $95.79
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!