Oh my calories!
Question: How many peanuts are needed to make the peanut butter for a 28 ounce jar?! Answer below.
Last week, our family had the opportunity to participate in an online Jif Peanut Butter Tasting Party. The party started at 6 pm. The wild monkeys children would have preferred it start at 8 am! They were giddy all day, as they love to eat Peanut Butter. Straight out of the jar.
Neither one of my children that are old enough to eat peanut butter likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (This sorta makes me think they are alien-ish, because what child in their right mind doesn’t like PBJs!?! Perhaps aliens really have taken over their brains!) As you can see, they prefer it on the spoon.
But it wasn’t just the peanut butter that was calling their name…it was the chocolate too! (They clearly get this trait from their mother…who has been known to talk about her chocolate problem…on a number of occasions.)
(I’m still waiting for one of you to start up a Chocoholics Anonymous and invite me to a meeting!)
So I held the wild monkeys children off until 6 pm when the real fun began!
We watched a live Ustream of the folks at Jif telling us about some creative ways to use and enjoy peanut butter. I also got to chat with many of my old friends from my trip to Smuckers headquarters last year…it was so great to reconnect!
I thought I’d share a few of the Peanut Butter Pairings that we tried…and liked!
These were gone in seconds – Peanut Butter Apple Rings – Recipe on Jif.com
Other Peanut Butter-y Ideas
- Dark Chocolate dipped in Jif All-Natural Peanut Butter
- Spread the thicker peanut butters, like the Peanut Butter-Honey blend on warm toast – gooey goodness!
- Broccoli and cauliflower with Extra Crunchy PB
- Jif Omega 3 with Hummus – With Pita Chips, carrots
- Carrots with PB and sunflower seeds
- Bacon with Extra Crunchy on Flatbread with banana and honey drizzles – you’ve gotta try it to believe it!
- Graham Cracker with PB/Frosting mixture and chocolate chip topping – cupcake frosting
- Toasted waffles with PB and banana slices
- Thai peanut dipping sauce with veggies/skewers – marinade
- Added to shakes – protein, protein
Do you have any creative ideas to share?! Well, don’t share them here! Enter them into the Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest! This is your chance to “showcase your kitchen helper’s sandwich skills”, and earn them a $25,000 scholarship if they win! Head on over to learn more about the contest…there’s plenty of time to enter, as it doesn’t close until October 22nd!
Answer from above: 1,000 peanuts in every 28 ounce jar of PB!
(I never would have guessed that many!)
Choosy Moms Choose Jif – Including This Choosy Mom!
Disclosure: I did receive all the peanut butter and items for sampling from Jif. And I thank them. And so do the wild monkeys children.