The Pantry Challenge continues…Tonight’s “throw together” is the Jalapeno Chicken Bake!
Nothing fancy…just a can of Zesty Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes, some spices and chicken…but it was a HIT at our table!
1.2 lb. package chicken tenderloins ($2.27)
1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
Salt and Pepper, couple dashes
1 can Zesty Jalapeno diced tomatoes ($.29)
2 large broccoli heads ($.50) Bought on sale 4/$1, blanched and froze
Dinner rolls ($1) Frozen and leftover from the holidays…Yes, making your own rolls is cheaper and what I prefer to do, but we’re clearly freezer space here!
Butter and homemade blueberry-strawberry jam  ($.50)
1. Place chicken tenderloins into 8×8 glass baking dish.
2. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Pour zesty jalapeno diced tomatoes over the chicken. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on thickness of the tenderloin pieces.
4. Microwave blanched broccoli for 4-5 minutes in the freezer baggies (acts like a steamer!).
5. Warm dinner rolls and serve with butter and jam.
6. Serve Jalapeno Chicken Bake with Broccoli and Rolls.
(I’m glad we had something sweet on the plate to help cool off the boys’ taste buds. Steve and I loved the chicken, but the boys thought it was too spicy…so we showed them that if you eat a spicy bite…then a sweet bite, it takes the edge off the spice!)