The Pantry Challenge continues…Tonight’s “throw together” is the Jalapeno Chicken Bake!
Nothing fancy…just a can of Zesty Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes, some spices and chicken…but it was a HIT at our table!
Jalapeno Chicken Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 1.2 lb. package chicken tenderloins ($2.27)
- 1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
- Salt and Pepper, couple dashes
- 1 can Zesty Jalapeno diced tomatoes ($.29)
- 2 large broccoli heads ($.50) Bought on sale 4/$1, blanched and froze
- Dinner rolls ($1) Frozen and leftover from the holidays…Yes, making your own rolls is cheaper and what I prefer to do, but we’re clearly freezer space here!
- Butter and homemade blueberry-strawberry jam ($.50)
- Place chicken tenderloins into 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour zesty jalapeno diced tomatoes over the chicken. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through.
- Cooking times may vary depending on thickness of the tenderloin pieces.
- Microwave blanched broccoli for 4-5 minutes in the freezer baggies (acts like a steamer!).
- Warm dinner rolls and serve with butter and jam.
- Serve Jalapeno Chicken Bake with Broccoli and Rolls.
(I’m glad we had something sweet on the plate to help cool off the boys’ taste buds. Steve and I loved the chicken, but the boys thought it was too spicy…so we showed them that if you eat a spicy bite…then a sweet bite, it takes the edge off the spice!)