It’s A….

by Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom on July 6, 2009

its-a-boy

The Official News!  And there was no mistaking!!!  I’m forever a mom of 3 boys…and I love it!

babys-feet

Baby’s adorable little feet!  I can’t wait to nibble on his little toes!

baby

And the full view outline of baby…head to toe…almost in a complete circle!

This little guy is a wiggle worm…the sonogram took twice as long as it should have because he kept moving all over the place and the tech couldn’t get the best shots for measurements, etc.  I do believe I’ll have my hands full with this one…plus the other 2!!!

So…We have NO idea about names…

If you feel so inclined, please share a boy’s name with us…of course I could just pick up a “baby names” book…but this will be more fun!

Remember: Last name Chase…so Chase for a first name won’t work ;)

Can’t wait to hear your name ideas!!!

cheryl July 7, 2009 at 12:14 am

What beautiful photos……Family names are a great way to continue to remember those that are loved and missed…also a great way to pass down the info. to your children with memories provided by you…Best wishes to you and your family….

amanda July 7, 2009 at 12:56 am

Love the name Quentin.

Kim July 7, 2009 at 1:31 am

Yay for boys! I have four boys and am finally expecting a GIRL next month. You’ll have a blast with your guys. Never a dull moment, I promise!

Kim at FamilyNatural

LuAnn July 7, 2009 at 2:26 am

Congratulations! (My oldest boy flipped us off in his first ultrasound! *lol*)

Our first boy there was never really a question about his name. DH had a brother who is no longer with us whose name was Brian. We also added “Christopher Donald” for DH and for my father. (Yes, we saddled each of our kids with 3 names.)

His younger brother is Benjamin (just a name DH liked), adding Douglas for my FIL and Vincent for MIL’s hubby. (There had been a push to make it Benjamin Vincent Douglas, as FIL had not had much to do with us before then, but then his little initials would’ve been “BVD” (like the underwear) and I was NOT gonna have that! *rofl*)

If our 3rd would’ve been a boy, I would’ve pushed for “Caleb” as that is a name I like …but we could’ve as easily gone with another “B” name just to have all their initials be “BB”.

Dana July 7, 2009 at 2:38 am

We named our son Simon Scott.

I also love the name Chase but obviously…

Colby, Cobey, Henry, Elijah, Dallas, Erik, and Jack are favorites too.

We have baby friends named Logan, Camden, Austin, Jackson.

Elijah Steven will be our next boys name, if we were to have one.

My husband always wants to name them Ura or Ima. (say it fast with our last name, Nation).

khadija a July 7, 2009 at 3:39 am

Congrats* don’t worry about names when the baby arrives he w’ll bring his name with him just enjoy your pregnancy!
i have 3 boys n 2 girls. {khuhaaf, ayub, imran} i know you w’ll say huh i’m just sharing with you! take care.

Susie's Homemade July 7, 2009 at 5:58 am

Congratulations!! I hope your son is born happy and healthy!

As for names, if my girls were boys, one of them would have been named Michael (not after the famously departed one either).

Sherri July 7, 2009 at 6:31 am

Well, I’m the mom of 4 boys…all I can say is make sure you’ve got a good set of earplugs, LOL. Congrats!

Because we gave the 1st one DH’s middle name we carried that initial through with the others so we have: Charles Anthony, Scott Alexander, Ian Andrew, and Robert Autry (as in Gene).

beth July 7, 2009 at 7:20 am

Congratulations on the boy! I have 3 and get lots of compliments on #3′s name DECLAN (dek’ lin). It’s a very popular name in Ireland even though we’re not Irish and there is also Saint Declan which was very important to my mother in law.

Jennifer July 7, 2009 at 8:03 am

Congratulations! Boys are so fun!

Since I am not expecting any time soon, I can at least share with you the names I would give my boys…

My absolute favorite name is Caleb, but I also like Jacob, Stephen, and Josiah

All the names suggested are so unique and fun, you are sure to find some good ideas!

Misc Jenn July 7, 2009 at 8:09 am

I absolutely adore the name Kieran. Kieran Chase has a great ring to it, imo.

And congrats on the third boy, I know he’ll fit in great. Although I will second the earplugs mention above. ;)

Matthew S July 7, 2009 at 9:07 am

Logan

Stacey July 7, 2009 at 9:27 am

Congratulations! I have 3 boys as well as 2 girls. We named all of our children family names. It is fun talking to them about who they are named for or after. They love hearing about their namesake. Anyway I love Henry, Matthew, and Thomas. I also love William. Good luck with the name game. :)

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family July 7, 2009 at 9:53 am

Wow! Congrats! I love the name Noah. I wanted to name one of our boys that but didn’t get to. I got my second choice though. :)
God bless,
Amanda

christine July 7, 2009 at 10:10 am

i am in love with the name atreyu, i get it’s the name of the horse in neverending story and all but it’s a pimp name

megahn July 7, 2009 at 10:14 am

Congrats!
I am a mommy to 3 boys.
Whew! They keep me on my toes.
How about Timothy Andrew, Christopher Ryan or Ethan Michael?
Just throwing those out there since I am partial to them.
I also like Elliott Jacob.

3 boys…remember moms of boys work from son up to son down :>)

Erin D. July 7, 2009 at 10:48 am

I love the name Sightler (a family name), but have a last name that ends in -er so names like that are a no-go for us. I also love Wyman, Perry, Peden, Lennon, and Porter.

Carol Pyles July 7, 2009 at 11:48 am

And see this is why I will not get pregnant again LMAO I’m afraid I’ll end up with a 3rd boy when all I’ve ever wanted my whole life is at least 1 daughter sigh.
None the less love them to death but I don’t see me handling a 3rd boy.
And as for a name my youngest son has a unique name.
Kason Richard

The first name one we found on some baby name site and his middle name is my father in laws name.

Nicole @frugalisfab July 7, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Congratulations!

We have 3 girls and then a boy. All through the first 3 pregnancies we never agreed on any boy names. When we finally had a boy it was really hard for us to agree on a name. I really, really wanted to name him Gavin, but hubby knew a very annoying boy named Gavin so it was a no go. We finally agreed on Jaxton, a name that came to me in the middle of the night. Good luck!

Susan July 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Congrats! I think incorporating a family name is a great thing. My boys are Nicholas Dean and Michael Edward.

Becky H July 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm

My son’s name is Tristan Albert – Tristan because I like the story of Tristan and Isolde and Albert for my grandfather (naming our son with his name might have been the only time in his life that he was speechless!) it’s also a family name, it was his father’s name, and his father’s, etc…

We couldn’t decide on a boy’s name that we both liked, so that’s how we knew we were going to have a boy. I got the one I wanted because his birth was very complicated, and I think DH figured I’d earned the right to name our child. :)

Congrats!

Heather S July 7, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I have to put in my son’s name . . . Connor. Congrats!! Love boys!!

T with Honey July 7, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Good luck with the name! I’m no help. At 38 weeks we still don’t have a name picked out for our little boy.

Julie Alejos July 7, 2009 at 1:38 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My family is all J’s so for ours we knew the letter we had to start with. When you reminded us your last name was Chase, Christian Joseph Chase came to mind. Don’t know why but I thought it rung a bell.

Good luck & have fun.

shanon Farrar July 7, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I know how you feel bing surrounded by boys myself, but I wouldn’t have it anyother way. I do love them so!!!!! We all like David Tate, Thomas Wayne & Reginold Dale.
Although family names are great even if they haven’t been used in a while. Maybe look on your family tree for suggestions.

Best of luck to you and yours!!!!!!

shanon Farrar July 7, 2009 at 1:43 pm

My youngest just came up with an interesting one that I had to add: Kendon Lee.

Jenny July 7, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Hello! I just found out that I am having my third boy as well. My son’s names are Benjamen and Elijah. I really want to name this baby Micah or Josiah but my husband refused both. He wants to name the baby Gabriel , but I think that’s more suited to a middle name.

Amanda July 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Although I only have one boy, I would absolutely love a house filled with them. He is so much fun.
His name is Andersen (not after Anderson Cooper) Hayes (which is after the legendary Ohio State Football Coach Woody Hayes).
And we don’t shorten his name to Andy.

Noel July 7, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I have never commented here before but I just had to add my boy names. I have two sons: William Brock and Keith Nicolaes (pronnounced Nicholas). William is a family name and more common than I would like. Keith is also a family name but we don’t know any other baby Keiths. I love that it is a familiar name but not really common.
Congrats! I love baby boys!

Kimberly July 7, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I have 4 Boys and BOYS are GREAT! They definitely keep you up from Sun up to Son down! I named mine in ABC order; Austin, Brenden, Colton and Dylan. All had to end in “N” and have a different vowel before the “N.” All the boys have 3 names as well.

From the names given by previous poster, I would side with Austin, not only because I have an Austin, but because it sounds so professional/business like. Austin Chase. WOW!

Good Luck and enjoy all the DIRT you get to clean up. It won’t last forever!

Dana Pethtel July 7, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Congrats on 3 boys! What fun and what a joy. You can focus on doing boy stuff and passing down clothes!

As for names I like Gavin, Harrison and Hayden but it seems you may like more traditional names.

Dana Pethtel

M.J. July 7, 2009 at 6:39 pm

My unused boy name was Lucas Riley. Feel free to use it if you like it.

I also like the name Alexander with the nickname of Xander.

Jennifer July 7, 2009 at 7:27 pm

I have 2 boys. Michael McCormick and Luther (Luke) Thomas. We thought our 4th was a boy and were arguing over Benjamin or Jack right up until SHE came out.

LaShae July 7, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I am also expecting my 3rd boy…we went with family names for all of ours. However I love the name Kayden, but I am also partial to biblical names..

Monique July 7, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Wow, Congrats! And God Bless and Good Luck! I hope you find the perfect name. I like names with meaning.My son’s name is Matthew Elias (the spanish version of Elijah). Matthew means “gift from God”. Elijah means “The Lord is my God”.

For the next one his name is going to be Abel Issac. I’m not preggers or anything but I KNOW I’m going to have one more and I KNOW it’s going to be a boy!
Abel means “a breath”. Issac means “laughter or he will laugh”. I combined them to A breath of laughter! He’s going to be the comic relief in our family.

I also love Noah, Jonah, Nathan and Elliot.

Jerilyn July 8, 2009 at 7:31 am

Congrats! I love boys. I’m expecting our second and want a houseful full of them!

Karyn July 8, 2009 at 7:42 am

We love the Older clasic names.. I have a Henry and an Oliver and maybe someday an Albert or George

Beautiful Wreck July 8, 2009 at 9:21 am

Congratulations! My husband was one of three boys and loved it.

JenniferK July 8, 2009 at 10:16 am

Treven. I always liked the names Trenten and Trevor. Put together I got Treven.

Currently, we have a Canyon Drake, Trenten Bruce (family name), Asher William, and Leland Shire. I love picking baby names.

hillary July 8, 2009 at 10:59 am

My mom’s friend is about to have her 5th boy they said if it’s not a boy we’ll be surprised ad about a month or two ago they found out it was a boy. Here are some of my favorite boy names
Matthew,William,Christopher,Micah,levi,Owen,Wesly,Hunter,Charlie,Evan,Copper,Max,Cohen,Scott,Bailey,Simon,Brock,Zach,John,Jared

Julie July 8, 2009 at 1:10 pm

My boys are :
Chandler Arthur
Cohen Jacob
Reed Richard (our little “Mr. Fantastic”)

We are always complimented on our name choices. Our little girl is Addison Elizabeth, but that won’t help your cause.

congrats!

Rose Cook July 8, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I recently heard the name Corydon, a name which I had never heard. It is the name of an ancestor on my husband’s side. This is also the name of the former capital of our state of Indiana. You could call him “Cory” for short if you like nickname and if one of your boys isn’t already named Cory!

I like the name Aaron, too since it is my son’s name!

Best wishes and congratulations as you prepare for and welcome your third son!

Lerin C. July 8, 2009 at 3:38 pm

We have 2 boys and we just love their names… Lane and Colby

Denise July 8, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Since you don’t have nearly enough names thrown out there for you, I thought I would share ours. First, congratulations! We have 4 girls and 3 boys. The boys are Matthew Allen, Joshua Gene, and Markas John. All of their middle names are after someone in the family(my uncle, my FIL, my hubby). The girls also have family middle names. Good luck deciding on a name and I pray you have a healthy baby boy!

Melissa July 8, 2009 at 4:47 pm

My son’s name is Spencer. It is my favorite boy name.

Maridith July 8, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Congrats on baby boy #3!! I am sure after having two boys the names are not quite coming to you as fast as it would of if you were having a girl. None the less, what a wonderful blessing!!

I love C names for boys and my favorites are “Camden & Caiden” now my son’s name is Wesley but that was my hubby choice. If we have another boy, mark my words, it will be one of the two listed.

Best of luck to you and your family!

Jennifer July 8, 2009 at 11:18 pm

How about Sawyer? I love that name! My son’s name is Jackson, but I wanted to name him Liam and fought tooth-and-nail for that name. I find that boy names are harder to come up with than girls, especially if you want to avoid the more popular or traditional names. Congratulations!

Emerie July 9, 2009 at 12:45 am

Congratulations! =) I love the whole feeling of being pregnant and knowing you have another human being growing inside you.

As for names…. have you put any thought into naming him after someone? (ie, your father? your father inlaw?) or even trying to put both yours and your Husband’s name together? My cousin named her son after her parents (Janet + David = Javid) =)

I also love the name Ayden*

Good luck in which ever name you chose. <3

hatta July 9, 2009 at 11:47 am

I have a Jacob but also love the names Kaleb, Liam, Karlyle, and Miles.

Lori July 9, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Congratulations! How wonderful. Yesterday my 11 year old son was watching a show and a boy’s name on it was Tevin. I made the comment, “that’s a cool name”. Tevin Chase – sounds good. With my second child if she would have been a boy I picked out Reilly; but we had to use Shayla instead since we were having a girl.