- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Italian Wedding Soup (and a wedding! To an Italian one, no less!)
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 25, 2011 @ 5:06 pm In chicken,Homemade,Pasta,Recipes,Soup | 6 Comments
Here is my version of Italian Wedding Soup.
So yeah. There’s going to be a wedding this year. My sister’s!!! I’m honored to stand beside her as the matron of honor, and I’m thrilled that Charlie gets to be a ring bearer!
And there’s going to be an Italian at the wedding. My sister’s fiance is Italian. Dark headed, dark eyed with a last name that’s got a “rolling R.”
And while I’m not sure it’s going to be a full fledged Italian affair with breaking glass and la borsa, it is a wedding and there is an Italian!
So I made this soup in honor of them…the happy couple!
Go ahead. Grab a spoon.
Reach on through the screen. Just a little taste!
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 lb. ground chicken ($2.29)
- 2 slices bread (made into bread crumbs, about 1 cup) ($.10)
- 2 eggs ($.20)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 3-4 cups water (depending on how soupy you like it)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes ($.16 )
- 1 10 oz. box frozen spinach ($.50)
- About 1 cup pasta noodles, I used broken rotini ($.10) Used part of a box that I bought for $.19
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, eggs and Italian seasoning into 3/4 inch diameter meatballs.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, add the olive oil and brown the meatballs on all sides. Add the 2 cups of homemade chicken stock and 3 cups of water. Feel free to add water as needed.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, and frozen spinach. Bring to a rolling boil. If you plan to let it simmer, reduce heat to low.
- Add the pasta noodles about 12-14 minutes before you’d like to serve the soup. Do not let them overcook, or you’ll end up with Mushy Italian Wedding Soup!
- Serve as is, or with a slice of bread or side salad.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/italian-wedding-soup-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 $.16: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/01/free-rotel-diced-tomatoes-green-chilies-kroger.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.