Pork chops smothered and baked with seasoned diced tomatoes, served with brown rice and corn cobs. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the tomatoes with the pork chops…I think of tomatoes working better with chicken and beef dishes. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this was…
Best sale price for pork chops that I’ve seen recently…$1.49/lb. I try to pay less than $1.99/lb!
1 cup brown rice ($.40)
4 pork chops (about 1.2 lbs.) ($2.38)
1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes ($.59) *New Hunt’s diced tomatoes coupon available here
1 tsp Italian seasoning ($.05)
Salt and pepper, few dashes each
4 corn cobs ($1.33) NOT on sale this week
Butter for corn ($.25) Use dairy-free margarine if necessary!
1. In medium saucepan, cook brown rice according to package directions. Brown rice takes 40-50 minutes to cook!
2. Place pork chops in glass baking dish (I used an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and the 4 pork chops fit perfectly.).
3. In small bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Pour over the pork chops.
4. Bake pork chops at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Boil corn in saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish with 1/2 cup of water, covered in plastic wrap, for 7-9 minutes. Serve hot with butter.
6. Serve Italian Pork Chops with Brown Rice and Corn Cobs.