Lindsay emailed this recipe for a yummy pasta dish that uses cherry or grape tomatoes!
I used the $3.55 Tyson split chicken breasts that I bought this morning. I baked them with some seasonings and then cut off all the chicken…gave me 4 cups total! Used 2 cups for this recipe and 2 cups went into the freezer! (Read more here about what to do with split chicken breasts .) I then took the bones and made chicken broth. Good thing it’s a cool, rainy day today…otherwise the kitchen heat might have done me in!
Italian Chicken and Bowtie Pasta
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta ($1) On sale this week!
- 1/4 cup canola oil ($.20)
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (free from garden)
- 2 cups frozen spinach ($.63)
- 2 cups shredded chicken ($3.55/2) On sale plus coupon this week!
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (free) McCormicks grinders on sale for $1, used $.50 coupon doubled!
- Salt, pepper, and chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Green Beans (free from the garden) Picked yet another batch this morning!
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
- In large skillet, add canola oil, cherry tomatoes, spinach, cooked shredded chicken (or diced uncooked chicken). Cook over medium high heat until chicken has cooked through. (Tomatoes should get a little mushy). Cover and turn to low.
- Once chicken has cooked, add drained pasta and toss with ingredients in the skillet. Let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash and cut off green bean stems. Cut into bite size pieces. Steam in stovetop steamer or in saucepan.
- Serve Italian Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Green Beans.