Lindsay emailed this recipe for a yummy pasta dish that uses cherry or grape tomatoes!
I used the $3.55 Tyson split chicken breasts that I bought this morning. I baked them with some seasonings and then cut off all the chicken…gave me 4 cups total! Used 2 cups for this recipe and 2 cups went into the freezer! (Read more here about what to do with split chicken breasts.) I then took the bones and made chicken broth. Good thing it’s a cool, rainy day today…otherwise the kitchen heat might have done me in!
1 lb. bow tie pasta ($1) On sale this week!
1/4 cup canola oil ($.20)
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (free from garden)
2 cups frozen spinach ($.63)
2 cups shredded chicken ($3.55/2) On sale plus coupon this week!
2 tbsp Italian seasoning (free) McCormicks grinders on sale for $1, used $.50 coupon doubled!
Salt, pepper, and chopped fresh parsley, to taste
Green Beans (free from the garden) Picked yet another batch this morning!
1. In medium saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
2. In large skillet, add canola oil, cherry tomatoes, spinach, cooked shredded chicken (or diced uncooked chicken). Cook over medium high heat until chicken has cooked through. (Tomatoes should get a little mushy). Cover and turn to low.
3. Once chicken has cooked, add drained pasta and toss with ingredients in the skillet. Let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Wash and cut off green bean stems. Cut into bite size pieces. Steam in stovetop steamer or in saucepan.
5. Serve Italian Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Green Beans.