This meal is simple ingredients, that when combined together make for a super scrumptious meal.
We’re pressure cooking this pork roast with citrus juices and some lots of garlic, and a touch of smoky flavor from the ground cumin. This combo will really flavor up the pork.
Once it’s finished in the Instant Pot, you can shred the pork meat into the sauce and serve over rice and beans!
This reminds of the types of meals we enjoyed during our 6 years in the Dominican Republic – it takes me right back to the Caribbean!
Hope you enjoy!!
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Shredded Mojo Pork
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 2 lbs. pork roast
- 1 small white onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Garnish: sliced oranges
- Side: rice
- Side: black beans
- 1 – gallon-size freezer baggie(s)
- Slice the onion into half-moons.
- Place the pork roast into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the onion slices on top. Pour the orange juice, lime juice and minced garlic on and around the pork and season with the ground cumin.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the pork with 2 forks and mix into the sauce. Strain meat from liquid, before adding the plates.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Warm the black beans.
- Peel and slice the orange for garnish.
- Serve Slow Cooker Shredded Mojo Pork topped with orange slices with rice and black beans.