This roast and potatoes is so rich and so tasty. The wine subtly soaks itself into the meat and enriches the sauce, and the potatoes and chives are a perfect complement. It’s a lovely and light “meat and potatoes” meal that will tempt all the palates at your table.
You can use a cooking wine or dry red wine for this roast. And please…please…please…pretty please…with 3 cherries on top…please read the directions closely.
I do NOT want you emailing and commenting that your potatoes turned to mush. There is a way to prevent that. So read closely 😛
Hope you enjoy this “budget gourmet” meal in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Red Wine Beef Roast
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine and cooking wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 3 lbs. baby potatoes
- Side idea: salad
- Press Saute and add the olive oil to the insert and heat it up. Season the beef roast with salt and pepper, then brown all sides of the beef roast. Turn off.
- Then pour the red wine and beef broth around the beef roast. Sprinkle the minced garlic and chives right onto the beef roast. Do NOT add the potatoes at this time.
- Set to Sealing.
- Manual, High, Adjust to 55 Minutes. (Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the roast.)
- Quick release and open the lid. Add the baby potatoes and set to Sealing again.
- Manual, High, Adjust to 8 Minutes. (This is to cook the potatoes.)
- Quick release.
- Remove the potatoes, pull out the beef roast and sliced it. If desired, strain the liquid and return it to the Instant Pot insert. Turn on Saute and whisk in 1 Tbsp cornstarch or flour at a time and thicken to your liking.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Red Wine Beef Roast and potatoes with gravy and a side salad.
Recommended Instant Pots
Instant Pot DUO, 6 qt. (for families of 5 or smaller)
Instant Pot DUO, 8 qt. (for families of 6 or more)
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #100.