Remember that Tomato Chutney recipe from the other day?! Here it is again…this time, spooned onto sliced beef roast from the Instant Pot.
And it’s so ridiculously fantastic!
The chutney really dresses up the sliced beef and brings with it all the magical holiday flavors. It’s worth making a batch and then adding to jars and keeping around to add to all.the.things. Like the beef roast, or over shredded chicken, or on bruschetta bread, or inside grilled cheese, etc.
Instant Pot Christmas Roast
Inspired by: Tomato Chutney
Yield – 4 to 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 65 minutes in Instant Pot
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 to 4 lb. beef roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup Tomato Chutney
- Side idea: roasted fingerling potatoes & fresh veggies
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot insert and then season the beef roast with salt and pepper. Set to Saute and brown the beef roast, on all sides, in the Instant Pot. Once browned, hit Cancel.
- Add the beef stock and season with rosemary and thyme, put on the lid and set to Sealing.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 55 to 65 minutes, depending on the thickness of the roast. Meat thermometer should read at least 145 F, or until done to your liking.
- Natural release, for at least 10 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Warm the Tomato Chutney, then spoon onto the sliced beef roast.
- Serve Christmas Roast with favorite side dishes.