This is a repost of one of my favorite drinks ever.
So a couple weeks ago I was at a Pampered Chef party and my friend Stephany served an “iced coffee punch.” I’m not much of a coffee drinker. I generally only drink it when I need to clear the fog after a rough night’s sleep, which is only about once a month these days. But when I do have to give into the caffeine and coffee, it has to be heavily flavored. I really, really, really don’t like the taste of coffee at all. But I can do heavily “syrup-ized.”
Stephany was rattling off the ingredients she used in her punch and I knew right away that I was going to enjoy this because the coffee flavor was masked enough to please my taste buds. I had a cup. Then another. Then I didn’t sleep that night.
And I made it last night for the first time, using Stephany’s recipe…modifying slightly because I didn’t have any evaporated milk. I will share both versions…you can decide.
Also, you could use extra vanilla or peppermint extract, or peppermint ice cream. Or chocolate syrup. Or whatever your favorite flavor is. Or whatever kind of “syrup” you have on hand.
From what I heard from the ladies who sipped on this coffee punch, it’s like a very creamy version of a Caramel Macchiato. YUM. YUM. YUM.
(Side note: Coffee coupons  available here)
Iced Caramel (or Peppermint, or Vanilla) Coffee Punch
Adapted from Stephany’s made up recipe
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 4 cups brewed coffee
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk or 1 full can of evaporated milk (you could save the other half and use it in some fudge for holiday gifts.)
- 3-4 Tbsp Smucker’s caramel syrup (or other flavored syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or peppermint)
- Couple small scoops of ice cream
- Caramel drizzles on top
- Brew or mix the coffee. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk (or evaporated milk). Place in the refrigerator until chilled. (Erin’s make it fast method: I used 4 packets of instant decaf granules…poured all 4 into 1 coffee mug, filled with hot water, stirred. Then added 3 cups COLD water. Then put in the fridge. Because I was running out of time.)
- Once chilled, stir int he caramel syrup and vanilla extract. Then add small scoops of ice cream and let sit.
- Serve into mugs or glasses and top with caramel drizzle. Enjoy!