UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Winner is Keziah…congrats!!!
Summer is upon us, and Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings wants to help you throw an ice cream party!
They sent over a basket for us to try out the new flavors…and here’s what happened. (This is a true story. Don’t judge. I blame the hormones.)
So my eating has been a little off lately.Okay. That’s an understatement. My eating has been all over the map these past few weeks and here’s what I mean. For the most part, I’ve been eating around 7:30, 11, 3 and 7. Smallish meals, 4 times a day. It’s been working for me for now.
On Friday, I was trying to push through to dinner time, skipping my 3 pm snack/meal. I made it until 4 pm, when I found myself alone in a Subway, ordering a sandwich. Alone, because who eats at 4 pm. Only pregnant women, apparently.
I finished up my work for the week and then headed home. I got out a few things for my husband to grill and went to rest while he grilled. Around 6 pm, a craving descended…and I could not resist it. What was this craving?
Vanilla ice cream and Smucker’s blueberry topping.
I’d been wanting to try the blueberry topping, and remembered that we had some ice cream left over from our family July 4th party. So yes, while my family ate dinner in the other room (I’m still having trouble with both raw and cooked meats), I sat quietly in my bed and ate a bowl of ice cream. When I should have been having dinner. With my family.
Instead, I was hiding. With a bowl of ice cream smothered in blueberries. I will remember this vividly next time my kids ask if they can have ice cream for dinner. Or brownies for breakfast. *sigh*
Again, don’t judge. I blame the hormones.
Here’s my take.
Gluten free people…listen up!
Vanilla ice cream plus Smucker’s Blueberry topping…is like blueberry pie ala mode, without the crust. Celiacs rejoice!
It was delicious. Seriously, hit the spot. And baby is thankful for the little calcium boost!
Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings Party Kit~
- Smucker’s Spoonable Blueberry Topping and Smucker’s Hot Caramel Microwavable Topping
- Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed Milk (great for making homemade ice cream!)
- Smucker’s Bowls & Scoop
- Portable iPod speakers
- $75 Walmart gift card
In addition, from now until July 29th, you have another chance to win…simply visit http://www.smuckers.com/promotions/topmoments, fill out an entry form, and you will entered to win a Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings gift basket with assorted products (similar to what’s above!)!
This week, we’re giving away the Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings Party Kit to 1 lucky winner! Here’s how to enter…
1. Contest ends Thursday, July 12th at 5 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing your favorite ice cream flavor AND topping! (Mine…cookie dough ice cream with Smucker’s Hot Caramel sauce!)
- Entry #2: Tweet the following: Enter to win an ice cream party pack from @5dollardinners! http://bit.ly/smuckerstoppings
- Entry #3: Hang out with us on Facebook, join the free email newsletter, or get RSS updates.
- Please leave separate comments for each entry.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: Obviously, Smucker’s sent me the blueberry topping. But they also sent me the same party kit that will be sent to the winner. I received no other compensation, opinions are my own. Story is true.