At this moment, the slow cooker is sitting on the kitchen counter, working its magic on a bag of 15 Bean Soup from Hurst Beans. I’m making their 15 Bean Soup Crockpot recipe for our dinner tonight.
Just remember to soak the beans overnight. *ahem*
Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup
From Hurst Beans 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in the slow cooker
- 1 pkg Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
- 8 cups water, boiling
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 lb. sausage or ham
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper or chili powder
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sort and wash beans, then soak them overnight or at least 4 hours. (Soaking not required, but you will need to increase cooking time)
- Drain, rinse, and place in a Crock-Pot with 8 cups of boiling water, onions, meat, garlic and red pepper or chili powder. (Not tomato yet!)
- Set Crock-Pot on low and cook for eight hours, or until beans are tender, but not falling apart.
- After the beans are tender, stir in the can of tomatoes, our Ham Flavor packet, and the lemon juice.
- Cook for additional 10 minutes then serve when ready.
Helpful Dried Beans Recipes
Here are the details on this giveaway…
(Other giveaway is still open  if you haven’t entered yet!)
Contest Details – CLOSED!
1. Contest ends on Wednesday, February 29th (leap year!) at 5 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment below and tell me which one of the Hurst Beans recipes  you’ll be adding to a future meal plan!
- Entry #2: Like Hurst Beans on Facebook , or follow on Twitter .
- Entry #3: Sign up for free email updates , or RSS posts  from $5 Dinners.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org .
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!