I had a few apples that needed to be used up. I thought the boys would like a new “chewy snack,” so I made some honey sweetened dehydrated apples.
6 apples, any variety will do
3-4 Tbsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice
Dashes of cinnamon
1. Peel and thinly slice apples.
2. Toss apple slices with honey, lemon juice (to prevent browning), and a few dashes of cinnamon.
3. Lay apple slices in single layers in a food dehydrator.
4. Turn on dehydrator for 4-6 hours. Dehydration time will depend on how thick your apple slices are…thinner slices will take less time to dehydrate.
5. Set out on the counter and they will be gone before you know it!