I had a few apples that needed to be used up. I thought the boys would like a new “chewy snack,” so I made some honey sweetened dehydrated apples.
Honey Sweetened Dehydrated Apples
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 4 to 6 hours
- 6 apples, any variety will do
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Dashes of cinnamon
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- Toss apple slices with honey, lemon juice (to prevent browning), and a few dashes of cinnamon.
- Lay apple slices in single layers in a food dehydrator.
- Turn on food dehydrator for 4-6 hours. Dehydration time will depend on how thick your apple slices are…thinner slices will take less time to dehydrate.
- Set out on the counter and they will be gone before you know it!
Side note: if your family loves dried fruit, then a good quality food dehydrator will save you a lot of money compared to purchasing ready made dried fruit!