“A Month of Meals” Ebook Winner…
Here are your random numbers:66
Timestamp: 2008-12-02 22:16:13 UTC
#66 – Ranae is the winner of the ebook. Ranae is a SAHM with 7 “constantly moving, constantly hungry grasshoppers”! Congratulations!
A big thanks to Jamie for giving away a copy of her ebook. Didn’t win? You can buy one here.
Don’t forget to be thinking of the meal that you want to make for the $5 Dinner Challenge.
4 Whiting fillets ($2.25) Tilapia would be a nice alternative! I used preservative-free frozen fillets for this meal.
3 Tablespoon honey ($.25)
3 Tablespoon rice vinegar ($.05)
3 Tablespoon dijon ($.15)
a few pinches of cajun seasoning ($.02)
2 lb mashed sweet potatoes ($.74) (Remember how I made a big batch…)
1-2 cups frozen organic peas ($.75)
1. Season fish with cajun seasoning.
2. In bowl, whisk honey, vinegar and dijon.
3. Place fish on aluminum foil. Pour honey dijon sauce over fish. Wrap foil around fish fillets.
4. Place foil packet straight onto the rack in the oven. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes, until fish flakes easily (time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillet).
5. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 1 hour in baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover with foil. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes. Peel skins off of the potato and mash. Serve with cinnamon and butter if you like. We eat them “plain”.
6. Cook peas as directed on packaging.
7. Serve fish with side of sweet potatoes and peas.
For more great recipe ideas, head on over to Gayle’s Recipe Swap at the Grocery Cart Challenge!