2 T butter
2 T flour (Use rice flour to keep it gluten free)
1-2 cups milk (whole or 2% is best!)
1. In saucepan, melt butter.
2. Once melted, add flour and whisk with butter.
3. Add milk to butter/flour mix and WHISK, WHISK, WHISK!
4. Cook on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir often. Sauce will thicken.
5. If sauce is too thin, whisk in more flour.
6. If sauce is too thick, whisk in more milk.
7. Add chopped mushrooms for “cream of mushroom”. Add 3-4 T chicken stock for “cream of chicken”. Etc.
This sauce is not only more cost effective, it is healthier, as it doesn’t contain the soy, preservatives and additives.