I love, love, love my homemade taco seasoning mix . It’s convenient, cheap and oh-so-tasty. And I’m mixing up a new homemade seasoning mix today…this time for ranch dressing!
This past weekend I planted some lettuce and other cold weather veggies (more on that this weekend). I try to eat a salad for lunch everyday and usually mix up a quick vinaigrette (yeah for cheap olive oil this week !). And while I love my vinaigrettes, I also like variety. I’ve been craving ranch dressing lately and much prefer this homemade version . While I wait for the fresh parsley, dill and basil to grow up in the garden and be ready for some “fresh herbs” ranch dressing mix, I plan on using this version with the dried spices until then.
I also love this because it costs a fraction of what you would pay for a packet at the store, and makes twice as much!
Before we get to the recipe, how about a few homemade seasoning mixes to try out!
- Homemade Taco Seasoning 
- Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning 
- Homemade Seasoning Salt 
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice 
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice 
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix 
Homemade Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
- Store in a resealable plastic baggie or small ball canning jar with tight fitting lid in your spice cabinet.
- To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup milk (more or less depending on the consistency you want) with 1 Tbsp of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix. Season with salt, to taste. Use immediately and can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 4 Tbsp worth of mix. Or use the ratios above and mix up however much you’ll need!