Learn how to make Homemade Pesto from the garden with this simple recipe:
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Handful of mint leaves
- Several handfuls of basil leaves
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
**Sorry I didn’t take exact measurements, as I just used what I had picked and added enough olive oil to reach the consistency I wanted.
- Add pine nuts and mint in the food processor.
- Fill the food processor with basil leaves. Then pulse a few times before adding a handful of spinach. Add olive oil until it reached the consistency I wanted plus about 1 tsp salt and a few dashes of pepper. Pulse until reaches the consistency you wish. Use immediately or freeze for use in future meal.
Because I didn’t use it right away, I froze it in 2 portions…one I plan to use for a chicken pesto recipe, and the other with pasta!