I was inspired. Two totally unrelated events. An inspiration.
- Stumbling upon this post from Pioneer Woman 
- Scoring a free head of lettuce from Kroger this past week (thanks to the Kroger best customer coupons!)
My light bulb moment…
You see. I like salad. I like lettuce. But straight iceberg lettuce is tough to swallow. It’s just so bland.
But top it with some STRONG homemade garlic ranch dressing.
A match made in heaven.
Be warned: You will suffer from “garlic breath” after eating this. But the fullness of the flavor is totally worth it!
Homemade Garlic Ranch Dressing (Dairy Free)
Yield – a little more than a cup
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 cup real mayonnaise ($.25) Often on sale…match with a coupon for a super deal!
- 3 Tbsp rice milk or regular milk ($.03)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ($.05)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed ($.05) Use the largest you can find on the clove…or several small ones!
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion ($.05)
- 1 tsp tarragon ($.10)
- 2 tsp dried dill ($.20)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add mayonnaise to a medium bowl. Whisk in the milk and lemon juice.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Stir in the tarragon, dried dill, salt and pepper.
- Taste. Add a little of whatever else you think it needs!
- Pour over the top of iceberg lettuce wedges. Or use as a tasty dip for raw veggies!
P.S. I can’t wait to make this again this summer…using fresh dill and parsley from the garden!