As we head into pie season, you might take a peek in your spice rack and see if you have the spices needed to make homemade apple pie spice recipe.
(I’ll be sharing my homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe next week as part of “PUMPKIN WEEK“…the “theme week” for October!)
There is no need to spend $2-$3 on a apple pie spice jar from the spice aisle, when you already have the ingredients you need to mix up your own. And you can mix up however much you’ll think you’ll need…leaving none or little to waste. Seriously, why buy a jar of spice that you only need 1-2 teaspoons of when you can mix up your own with what you’ve got already?!
This apple pie spice mix would be perfect for…
- Slow Cooker Maple Sweetened Applesauce 
- Baked Apples with Maple and Granola 
- Homemade Granola 
Do you make your own spice mixes!?!
Homemade Apple Pie Spice
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Dash of cardamom (optional)
- Place all ingredients in small, sealable container and mix together. Use as directed in recipes that call for apple pie spice.
- Store in a dry place, up to 6 months.