Y’all. This is divine.
Seriously…we all polished our plates. And I had to hide the extra piece I made so we could have it for lunch. Except Steve found it and took it for his lunch…knowing full well I wanted some for leftovers too. I teased him about it…and decided that this might become a weekly ‘chicken and rice’ meal for us. This one is definite a ‘budget gourmet’ chicken and rice dish.
Took me about 9 minutes to get this into the oven. (Watch the cooking demo here.) Even with a baby sitting on my lap part of the time.
Kids loved this one. Husband loved this one. I loved this one.
And in the video I kept calling it Herbed Goat Chicken…which would really make for an awkward dinner. Sorry about that. I blame all the little people running around my kitchen. Just keepin’ it real y’all.
Also, note…I’m labeling this as dairy free as it has no cow’s milk. We have a few family members who cannot tolerate cow’s milk but do fine with goat cheese. FTW!
Herbed Goat Cheese Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts (I usually would do 2 or 3, depending on the size but wanted extra for lunch!)
- Vinaigrette dressing, drizzles
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper, sprinkled
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli
- Take goat cheese out of the fridge to bring it to room temp so it will soften.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drizzle some vinaigrette dressing in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Place the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened goat cheese with the basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dollop and gently spread on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the rice as directed. I cooked ours in the rice cooker.
- Prepare the frozen broccoli as directed.
- Serve Herbed Goat Cheese Chicken with side of rice and broccoli or other veggie.