- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Braised Chicken with Radishes, Carrots, and Peppers
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On June 5, 2010 @ 8:05 am In chicken,Fresh Veggies,Garden,Grow. Eat. Save.,Recipes | 14 Comments
I was quite surprised at how few recipes I came across for radishes in my search, but in the end I settled on a recipe in last month’s Real Simple Magazine: Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables .
I also love my recipe for Radish & Cucumber Bites !
I made a few adaptations and substitutions…and in the end, I was quite impressed with how this turned out. It left my tongue and palate wanting more!
Braised Chicken with Radishes, Carrots and Peppers
Adapted from Real Simple 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 2 large split breast chicken, skin removed ($2.12)
- Salt and pepper
- About 8 radishes, washed, snipped and halved ($1)
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- 2 carrots sticks, peeled and cut into sticks ($.20)
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into 1/2″ squares ($.40)
- 1/2 orange pepper, cut into 1/2″ squares ($.40)
- Serve with 1 cup brown rice ($0.40) and 1 package frozen spinach ($0.50)
- Place the oil into a saucepan. Add the split breast chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Pour off any fat and oil and then return pan to the stovetop. Pour in the chicken breast and the prepared vegetables.
- Place the partially cooked chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on high until stock begins to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice and spinach as directed.
- Serve Braised Chicken with Radishes, Carrots and Peppers with Brown Rice and Spinach
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grow-eat-save-radishes/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/braised-chicken-spring-vegetables-recipe-00000000033001/index.html
 Radish & Cucumber Bites: http://www.5dollardinners.com/radish-and-cucumber-bites/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.