I need your help, frugal friends. I’m ready to take the “grind your own flour” plunge. There are still a number of “frugal activities” that I have not undertaken…cloth diapers, grinding flour, and making laundry detergent. I’m ok with not cloth diapering given the insane schedule of our family and my frequent travel schedule. I’m ok with not making my own laundry because I can usually get a bottle for $2 or less (as I did this week.)
I’m ready for the wonderful taste and texture of my freshly ground flour. But I have a few questions…
- Where is the best place to buy/order wheat berries?!
- What are the best berry varieties for bread making, muffin making, cookie baking?!
- What other grains, legumes or nuts have you had success with grinding?!
- Any great recipes or links you can share for those who have gone before me in the flour grinding business?!
- For those with a VitaMix, what do I need to know about the dry blade container?!
Thanks for all your help! I can’t wait to get to grinding!