- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Grilled Tilapia and Acorn Squash
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 30, 2009 @ 6:13 pm In Dairy Free,Fish,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice | 3 Comments
Nevermind that the high today was just 60. And there’s a frost advisory for our area tonight.
Wasn’t gonna stop me from using the grill tonight!
4 frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99) This is my “never pay more than price” for fish!
1 Tbsp seafood seasoning ($.05)
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice ($.05)
Rice with Garden Greens ($.35)
1 large acorn squash (about 2 lbs.) ($1.04) On sale last week for $.49/lb!
2 Tbsp butter/margarine/dairy-free margarine ($.20)
2 Tbsp brown sugar ($.05) Or other preferred sweetener like honey, maple syrup, agave syrup.
1. Thaw frozen tilapia fillets in the refrigerator. Marinate with lemon juice and seafood seasonigs for at least 30 minutes. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Cooking time may vary depending on heat of grill and thickness of fillets.
2. Reheat Rice with Garden Greens . (I find that placing partially thawed frozen rice into a saucepan with 1/2 cup of hot water, set over low heat, is the best way to reheat frozen rice.)
3. Cook acorn squash . Serve with butter/margarine and brown sugar.
4. Serve Grilled Tilapia, Rice with Garden Greens and Sweetened Acorn Squash.
AND FOR DESSERT (for tomorrow’s lunch that is!!!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-tilapia-and-acorn-squash/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Rice with Garden Greens : http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/06/rice-with-garden-greens.html
 Cook acorn squash: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/how-to-cook-acorn-squash.html
 free chocolate chip cookie: http://www.mrsfields.com/misc/free_cookie_day/
 FreeStuff4Free: http://www.freestuff4free.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.