Nevermind that the high today was just 60. And there’s a frost advisory for our area tonight.
Wasn’t gonna stop me from using the grill tonight!
Grilled Tilapia and Acorn Squash
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes + 30 minute marinade time
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99) This is my “never pay more than price” for fish!
- 1 Tbsp seafood seasoning ($.05)
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice ($.05)
- Rice with Garden Greens ($.35)
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 lbs.) ($1.04) On sale last week for $.49/lb!
- 2 Tbsp butter/margarine/dairy-free margarine ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar ($.05) Or other preferred sweetener like honey, maple syrup, agave syrup.
- Thaw frozen tilapia fillets in the refrigerator. Marinate with lemon juice and seafood seasonings for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Cooking time may vary depending on heat of grill and thickness of fillets.
- Reheat Rice with Garden Greens. (I find that placing partially thawed frozen rice into a saucepan with 1/2 cup of hot water, set over low heat, is the best way to reheat frozen rice.)
- Cook acorn squash. Serve with butter/margarine and brown sugar.
- Serve Grilled Tilapia, Rice with Garden Greens and Sweetened Acorn Squash.