- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Grilled Red Potatoes
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 15, 2010 @ 5:45 pm In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Grill,Potatoes,Recipes | 5 Comments
For our 4th of July party, my MIL said she would be bring steaks. (Yes, please.)
Steaks rarely fit into the $5 Dinners budget, so I was ecstatic that she would be bringing some to grill. I thought I’d grill some red potatoes to go with the steaks…but I was concerned with how long it would take to grill them. I discovered a method that would work perfectly.
Fire up the grill and let it get toasty warm.
We want to hear a sizzle when we put down the steaks/sausages/chicken, and the potatoes.
Time Saving Trick: Poke a hole into each potato and microwave to cook through faster than boiling. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, 6 potatoes at a time. Cooking time might vary based on how thick potatoes are. Cook until softened.
Grilled Red Potatoes
Yield – Makes 2-3 per person.
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes boiling, 10 minutes grilling
- 8 to 12 red or gold potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the red potatoes whole in a large pot of water for 25-30 minutes.
- After the potatoes have cooked through while boiling, set them out onto a kitchen towel and let them sit for 10-15 minutes.
- After the potatoes have cooled down some, take the kitchen towel and put it over the potato and gently press down, cracking the skin…but not so hard that the potato falls out! Place in a pyrex dish. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the pressed red potatoes (alongside the meats) for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve with grilled steak or sausage or chicken!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-red-potatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.