On the 4th of July, I had a bag of red potatoes and needed to make a “dairy-free” red potato for those of us who are not having dairy products these days, as well as a dairy-filled something or other. I made the Grilled Red Potatoes  for the guys and me, and this for Steve and my MIL. It’s a grilled spin-off of the Roasted Red Potato Salad  that I made this winter.
Grilled Red Potato Salad
Yield – 4 – 6 side dish servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- About 2 lb. red potatoes, quartered ($1.50)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed ($.05)
- 2 rosemary sprigs (free from the garden)
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/2 cup sour cream ($.25)
- Mix-In Ideas: Other Garden Herbs, Chives or Green Onions, Bacon Crumbles
1. Wash the potatoes and rosemary and pat dry.
2. Add the olive oil and crush garlic to a mixing bowl.
3. Add chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper.
4. Add in the quartered red potatoes and toss the potatoes with the oil and rosemary.
5. Place a few spoonfuls on a piece of foil.
6. Wrap the potatoes into packets.
7. Grill the potato packets for about 10-15 minutes, or until they look like this.
8. Transfer the potatoes to the mixing bowl and mash gently. Stir in the sour cream, and any other mix-ins.
9. Serve Grilled Red Potato Salad warm or cold.
You could also stop at Step #7 and serve grilled potato foil packets as a side dish as well!