- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Grilled Red Potato Salad – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 19, 2010 @ 5:38 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Gluten Free,Grill,Potatoes,Recipes | 10 Comments
On the 4th of July, I had a bag of red potatoes and needed to make a “dairy-free” red potato for those of us who are not having dairy products these days, as well as a dairy-filled something or other. I made the Grilled Red Potatoes  for the guys and me, and this for Steve and my MIL. It’s a grilled spin-off of the Roasted Red Potato Salad  that I made this winter.
About 2 lb. red potatoes, quartered ($1.50)
2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
1 garlic clove, crushed ($.05)
2 rosemary sprigs (free from the garden)
Salt and pepper
About 1/2 cup sour cream ($.25)
Mix-In Ideas: Other Garden Herbs, Chives or Green Onions, Bacon Crumbles, What else?!?
1. Wash the potatoes and rosemary and pat dry.
2. Add the olive oil and crush garlic to a mixing bowl.
3. Add chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper.
4. Add in the quartered red potatoes and toss the potatoes with the oil and rosemary.
5. Place a few spoonfuls on a piece of foil.
6. Wrap the potatoes into packets.
7. Grill the potato packets for about 10-15 minutes, or until they look like this.
8. Transfer the potatoes to the mixing bowl and mash gently. Stir in the sour cream, and any other mix-ins.
9. Serve Grilled Red Potato Salad warm or cold.
Makes 4-6 side dish portions.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-red-potato-salad/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Grilled Red Potatoes: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/07/grilled-red-potatoes.html
 Roasted Red Potato Salad: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/02/roasted-red-potato-salad.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.