Oh so flavorful.
Juicy, smoky grilled chicken breasts with a hint of sweet from the orange juice and savory from the sesame.
Along with cole slaw bursting with different asian flavors…yum-ilicious!
And while I may have gone a smidge over my $5 mark…we have plenty of slices of grilled orange sesame chicken for the kids to have for lunch tomorrow…and if enough, I’ll put some on a sandwich!
Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken Wraps with Asian Cole Slaw
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced, about 1.5 lbs ($2.82)
- 2 cups orange juice ($.50)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds ($.25)
- 4-6 burrito size whole wheat tortillas ($.69)
- Pineapple, or other fresh fruit ($.75)
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 12 oz bag cole slaw mix ($1)
- 1/3 cup mayonaisse ($.10)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce ($.05)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil ($.50)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter, I used crunchy ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger ($.10)
- Couple dashes of pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or resealable plastic baggie. Add the orange juice and toasted sesame seeds. (To toast sesame seeds, add them to a hot skillet and toast for 30 seconds to minute, shaking the skillet so they don’t burn.) Let sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, overnight, ideally.
- Grill the chicken breasts. Slice into thin strips, once cool enough to handle.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger with a couple dashes of pepper. Pour over the cole slaw in a larger mixing bowl and toss well.
- Assemble the wraps by adding some Asian Cole slaw and sliced grilled chicken. Roll and eat.
- Serve Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken Wraps with Asian Cole Slaw with Pineapple, or other fresh fruit.
Cost $6.86 (And we had LOTS of chicken and cole slaw leftover!)