An easy marinade for the chicken…using the overflow of mint from the garden…I intended to grill this chicken, but ended up baking it because of a DOWNPOUR during dinner prep time. It was still delicious, but think it would have been better if grilled!
3 chicken breasts ($2.65) ($1 off coupon in last week’s coupon insert…fresh meat coupons are RARE!)
1/4 cup olive oil ($.40)
3 Tbsp lime juice ($.10)
2 Tbsp sugar ($.05)
1 tsp salt
Few dashes of pepper
1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves (from the garden)
4 cups of Rice with Garden Greens ($.35)
16 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables ($.68)
1. Marinate chicken breasts in mojito sauce for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper and fresh chopped mint leaves.
2. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. OR, Grill chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Cooking times will vary depending on thickness of the chicken and heat of the grill. (OR
3. Reheat Rice with Garden Greens.
4. Cook frozen vegetables according to package instructions!
5. Serve Grilled Mojito Chicken with Rice with Garden Greens and Mixed Veggies.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!