- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Grilled Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 22, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Grill,Potatoes,Recipes,Side Dish | Comments Disabled
Mashed potatoes with grilled potatoes. Delish!
I’d like to introduce you all to the Klondike Rose potato.
I’m sure you are familiar with Russet potatoes, baby red potatoes…what they look like, how to cook with them. But don’t pass these guys up in the produce department. I love that you don’t have to peel them because their skin is really thin (and also gives great texture to mashed potatoes, like these here!) Once cooked, they are creamy, smooth and have a buttery texture. As you’ll see below, they have a creamy golden center with a rose colored skin. They are great for pretty much every cooking type (roasting, mashing, baking, and grilling)…so that’s why I decided to grill and mash them
Here’s how it goes…
Take the buttery Klondike Rose potatoes.
Season them with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and some olive oil.
Grill them in a grill basket.
Mash with your favorite mix-ins.
We all LOVED loved l.o.v.e.d. these potatoes. The smokiness from the grill and the seasoning salt made for a spectacular mashed potato side dish!
Also…there is a coupon available right now on the Klondike website …be sure and print it before you head out to get your sack of potatoes! Yay for savings!
And don’t forget to scroll down for the giveaway details!
Grilled Mashed Potatoes
Yield – 8 to 10 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
- about 5 lbs. Klondike Rose potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Johnny’s sea salt seasoning
- about 1/2 cup milk or sour cream
- about 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish and mix-in
- Toss the quartered potatoes with the seasoning salt and olive oil.
- Place in a grill basket and grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Toss often to prevent burning.
- Once soft, mash the potatoes with a potato masher and mix in butter and milk or sour cream. Top with chopped chives or other mashed potato mix-ins.
- Serve Grilled Mashed Potatoes with your favorite grilled meat and/or veggies.
This week, we’re giving away 4 prize packs from Klondike Rose potatoes and Johnny’s Seasoning Salts, including:
Here are the entry details…
1. Contest ends Friday, April 26th at 5 pm EST. CLOSED!
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org .Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
Update: Thanks to everyone who entered! And, our winners are…
Winners have been notified via email with further instructions.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-mashed-potatoes-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Klondike website: http://www.5dollardinners.com http://www.klondikebrands.com/coupons
 Klondike Brands: http://www.5dollardinners.com https://www.facebook.com/klondikebrands
 Johnny’s Fine Foods: https://www.facebook.com/johnnysfinefoods
 Random.org: http://www.random.org
 www.klondikebrands.com: http://www.klondikebrands.com/
 www.johnnysfinefoods.com: http://www.johnnysfinefoods.com/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.