Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes (+30 min for marinading)
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 lbs drumsticks ($2.03) $.99/lb sale
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard ($.25)
- 1 tsp cider or white vinegar ($.01)
- 1/4 cup honey ($.50)
- 1 large yellow squash ($.50) Farmer’s market
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rolls from the freezer ($1.19) Manager’s Special!
- Set drumsticks into a dish for marinating.
- Prepare the honey mustard dressing.
- Add the dijon mustard and vinegar to a small bowl. Pour in the honey.
- And whisk until well blended.
- Brush the honey mustard marinade onto the chicken drumsticks and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Grill the marinated drumsticks on all sides for a few minutes, or until cooked through.
- Note: This marinade would work wonderfully with chicken thighs, split breasts, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Steam saute the yellow squash .
- Warm the rolls. Serve with butter and jam if desired.
- Serve Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken with Steam Sauteed Squash and bread.