- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Alea’s Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken and Red Potatoes
Posted By Alea On July 10, 2012 @ 5:15 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Grill,Recipes | 6 Comments
This Honey Mustard Chicken and Potato recipe is easy to make and can be cooked on the grill to help keep the kitchen cool. Partially cooking the potatoes in the microwave reduces the amount of time the potatoes must cook on the grill and makes their cooking time similar to the chicken pieces.
When I grill chicken I like to use chicken thighs. They are less expensive than chicken breasts. Thighs also have a slightly higher fat content than breasts and are not as thick of a cut of meat; both qualities contribute to creating a tender final product. If you use chicken breasts, you may want to consider butterfly cutting them, so they cook faster which reduce the chance that they will dry out while grilling.
When grilling vegetables , I use a tray so that veggies do not fall through. If you don’t have a barbecue safe tray, create one out of foil. Be sure to brush whatever tray you use with oil before you put the potatoes on to reduce the risk of sticking.
I make a super easy Honey Mustard Sauce that works as a dip, salad dressing, or as demonstrated above, a no-cook gravy over potatoes.
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken and Red Potatoes
Adapted from Pretzel Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders 
Yield – 6 – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 10 red potatoes, wash and remove eyes
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- Place the washed red potatoes in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 8 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Mix honey, mustard, and oil in a small bowl.
- Place the potato slices and chicken thighs in a bowl with lid or large, sealable plastic bag.
- Add honey mustard mixture to potatoes and chicken. Toss to coat. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Light grill and bring it to a medium high heat. Place chicken over the flame and place potatoes on a greased tray in one of the cooler spots on the grill. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- While the chicken and potatoes are grilling combine the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce in a small bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Use the Honey Mustard Sauce as a gravy over the potatoes.
I served the honey mustard chicken and potatoes with Green Beans with Garlic .
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-honey-mustard-chicken-and-red-potatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 grilling vegetables: http://premeditatedleftovers.com/vegetable-grilling-tips/
 Pretzel Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders: http://premeditatedleftovers.com/pretzel-crusted-honey-mustard-chicken-tenders/
 Green Beans with Garlic: http://premeditatedleftovers.com/green-beans-with-garlic/
 Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.alexa.toolbar/atbp/dgaaDl/download/index.htm
 Learn more.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/toolbar
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.