- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Grilled Hawaiian Pizza
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 20, 2010 @ 5:38 pm In Grill,Pizza,Recipes | 22 Comments
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to oven pizza.
Never. Ever. Never.
Grilled Hawaiian Pizza
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 25 minutes (plus time to make the homemade dough)
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
- Store bought or homemade pizza dough  ($1)
- Olive oil for brushing ($.25)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, thinly sliced ($1.25)
- 1 cup store bought or homemade pizza sauce ($.50)
- 2 cups cooked and diced ham ($1.50)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ($1.50)
- Make homemade pizza dough . Let rise. (I sorta skipped this rise part and the dough turned out just fine. I was in a hurry. What can I say?!)
- Roll the dough out on a clean and floured surface. Roll as if you were making a thin crust pizza.
- And let the little people help. (But don’t let them destroy your dough as Ryan attempted to do.)
- Slice a fresh pineapple into 1/4″ or thinner slices.
- Grill the pineapple slices.
- Try not to eat them straight off the grill. Because if you do, you’ll burn your tongue. But if you wait a few minutes for the slices to cool, they make for a succulent appetizer. (Once cooled, tear or cut the pineapple away from the center core. Slice into bite size pieces to throw on top of the pizza.
- Brush olive oil onto one side of the dough.
- Place on the grill and then brush olive oil over that side. Dough will bubble after a few minutes. Turn down the heat at this point.
- Once the edges of the dough have cooked through, then flip and start loading it up.
- Spread some pizza sauce over the top.
- Then add the cooked and diced ham, and bits of the grilled pineapple.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Turn off the grill and cover for about 5 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve Grilled Hawaiian Pizza.
This is all we had for dinner.
The boys and I ate this pizza without cheese. And quite honestly, it didn’t need it! Quite amazing without the cheese.
And I’m telling you. I’m never going back to oven pizza.
A splurge worth making!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/grilled-hawaiian-pizza/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 homemade pizza dough: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/03/pepperoni-calzones.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.