- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Green Chile Chicken – Repost
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 25, 2009 @ 7:07 pm In Recipes | 3 Comments
I intended to make something similar to this recipe below from last November. But, our dinner plans changed at the last minute, so I am reposting this recipe for tonight!
1 cup rice, uncooked ($.20)
1 small can Rotel tomatoes with chiles ($.69)
1 t ground cumin and garlic powder ($.10)
3 chicken breasts ($2.25)
1 T fajita seasoning ($.10)
1 serving Salsa verde ($.50) Or use 5 oz. can of green chiles!
1/2 cup shredded cheese ($.37) Omit if dairy free!
2 cups frozen corn ($.68)
1. Place chicken breasts in 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Pour salsa verde over the chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
2. Boil 2 1/4 cup water. Add 1 cup uncooked rice, can of Rotel (with juices) and spices. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Cook corn according to package instructions.
4. Serve with Green Chile Chicken and Easy Spanish Rice with Corn!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/green-chile-chicke/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Salsa verde : http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/09/salsa-verde.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.