We’ve been doing burgers every Sunday night all summer…and these are up there in my top 5! Loved the Mexican flavor…the zip (but not so zippy that the kids wouldn’t eat them)…the added smokiness from the grill.
Green Chile Burgers
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1.2 lb. ground beef ($1.78)
- 1 4 oz. can green chilies ($.59) (Learn how to make your own roasted green chiles here.) 
- 1 egg ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning  ($.10)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 buns ($.40) $1 sale and $.20 e-coupon loaded on my card = $.80/pack
- 12 oz. bag frozen corn ($.88)
- Chips and salsa ($2)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef with the egg, green chilies, taco seasoning and salt.
- Once mixed, form into patties, then grill until cooked through.
- Top with pepper jack cheese slice, if desired. (I woulda if I coulda.)
- Prepare corn as directed on package.
- Serve Green Chile Burgers with salsa, corn and a side of chips and salsa.
With 2 extra burgers for the boy’s lunch and plenty of chips and salsa leftover to snack on!