This pregnancy has been all about the olives and the pickles for me. Therefore, I’ve been loving the Mediterranean kinds of dishes (like this one!), and can’t see to add enough chopped pickles to my potato salad!
This salad combines the traditional Mediterranean flavors and packs a powerful protein punch from the quinoa. I just know that once you make this salad, you’ll be making it again and again. Its ease and tastiness is irresistible!
This is a delightful lunch, side dish or dinner…
Greek Chilled Quinoa Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes (+1 hour of chill time)
Cooking Time – 15- 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup black, green or kalamata olives
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 1/4 cup store bought vinaigrette
- Cook the quinoa on the stovetop as directed. Once cooked, transfer to a serving dish and chill for about an hour.
- Once the quinoa is chilled, toss with the diced cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve Greek Quinoa Chilled Salad as a main or side dish at your next potluck or summer BBQ.