There is so much amazing-ness happening in this tray. Yes, amazing-ness. Sometimes there are no words to describe what you see, so I just make them up. Like, amazing-ness. And fantastic-ilicious.
(Work with me here…before you know it, you’ll be making up words like this too.)
Seriously though, it’s DELISH – all the lovely Mediterranean and Greek flavors hanging out in the same dish…ready to cause a taste bud explosion.
You can watch just how easy this is to toss together before adding to the freezer or oven…
Greek Chicken Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Feta cheese crumbles, garnish
- Salad, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, pat dry, and then quarter them.
- In a small mixing bowl, make a lemon marinade by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and oregano.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9×13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Add the cherry tomatoes, quartered artichoke hearts and olives around the chicken pieces. Pour the lemon juice marinade over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle Feta cheese crumbles onto warm chicken bake, so they soften up.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Greek Chicken Bake with salad.
Freeze & Thaw Instructions: Make marinade. Add chicken, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, salt, pepper, and marinade into a freezer bag or disposable foil tray. Put bag/tray in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm shallow dish of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to the oven and baking as directed.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals