- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Golden Raisin-Apple Stuffing Cups – Healthy Holiday Recipe
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On November 15, 2010 @ 6:00 pm In Healthy Holiday,Recipes,Side Dish | 15 Comments
My mom used to make this Golden Raisin-Apple Stuffing. And I could never get enough of it! Still can’t…I’m making it again this yet, but in a new way.
I have a feeling these will soon be the latest rage!
Golden Raisin-Apple Stuffing Cups
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth (turkey broth if you have it)
- About 1 1/2 cups golden raisins (1 box)
- 6 cups homemade or store bought cube stuffing
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 9″ pie crusts – homemade or store-bought (coupon here )
- Add oil to large saucepan and saute the red onion and celery. After about 3-4 minutes, add the chopped apples and broth. Let cook another 4-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the golden raisins and bread cubes. Toss the cooked apples, celery, onions and broth with the raisins and bread cubes, until all the bread cubes have soaked up the liquid.
- Cut the pie crust into large circles…large enough to fill the better part of a regular size muffin tin. Press them into a greased muffin tin. Scoop the stuffing into the crust and press down firmly.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until stuffing begins to golden on top.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/golden-raisin-apple-stuffing-cups/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 coupon here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/printablecoupons
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.